Jooki works with Spotify Premium and Spotify Premium for Family accounts. Jooki is a Spotify Connect speaker. This means that once you have linked a Spotify playlist to a Jooki character you no longer a smartphone; Jooki is fully standalone.
Note: you need to be connected to wifi to use Spotify Connect on Jooki. At this stage offline playing is not supported by Spotify. See more here.
Here's a quick explainer video: https://youtu.be/H0nFScclnwc
Linking a Spotify Playlist to a Jooki Character
Linking a Spotify playlist on Jooki is incredibly easy:
- Make sure your Jooki is powered on and connected to your WiFi
- Open the Spotify app on your phone or computer (https://open.spotify.com)
- Play a song or a playlist. Jooki is automatically recognised by Spotify.
- Tap or click on “Device available”.
- Choose your Jooki in the list, it will start playing your song or playlist.
- Open the Jooki app or web app (http://my.jooki.rocks). The Jooki app shows you the list of characters it has, just tap one to link it to the playlist.
- Done! You can put that smartphone away or power it off.
Note: if you don't want to link the playlist to a character on Jooki just press "No thanks." in the screen that asks you about linking.
Playing a Spotify Playlist with Jooki Characters
Once a Spotify playlist has been linked to a Jooki character: just pop that character on top of Jooki and it will start playing. Fun and easy for the kiddos - and let's admit it for grownups too ;).
Connecting 2 Jooki on Spotify
Spotify does not allow streaming music on more then 1 device (Phone, Speaker, laptop, ... ), at the same time.
If you want two Jooki's to work at the same time, each Jooki should have its proper Spotify Account. Creating extra Spotify accounts is best done with Spotify Family. The main steps for linking 2 Jooki to Spotify Premium are:
1) Subcribe with your Spotify Premium account to a Family account
2) define and create 2 e-mail addresses for the two Spotify Accounts for each Jooki.
3) add those e-mails to the Spotify Family account
4) log in to Spotify with first new e-mail address
5) Create playlists and favorite music
6) power on Jooki for that Spotify account
7) Play Spotify music through this Jooki.
8) Open Jooki app and create / change Playlists.
9) power off Jooki and log-out from Spotify
10) Log in to Spotify with second new e-mail address
11) Create playlists and favorite music
12) power on Jooki for that Spotify account
13) Play Spotify music through this Jooki.
14) Open Jooki app and create / change Playlists.
Both the Jooki are now on there respective Spotify Accounts.