Jooki works with Spotify Premium and Spotify Premium for Family accounts. Jooki is a Spotify Connect speaker. This means that once you have linked a Spotify playlist to a Jooki character you no longer a smartphone; Jooki is fully standalone.
Note: you need to be connected to wifi to use Spotify Connect on Jooki. At this stage offline playing is not supported by Spotify. See more here.
Here's a quick explainer video: https://youtu.be/H0nFScclnwc
Linking a Spotify Playlist to a Jooki Character
Linking a Spotify playlist on Jooki is incredibly easy:
- Make sure your Jooki is powered on and connected to your WiFi
- Open the Spotify app on your phone or computer (https://open.spotify.com)
- Play a song or a playlist. Jooki is automatically recognised by Spotify.
- Tap or click on “Device available”.
- Choose your Jooki in the list, it will start playing your song or playlist.
- Open the Jooki app or web app (http://my.jooki.rocks). The Jooki app shows you the list of characters it has, just tap one to link it to the playlist.
- Done! You can put that smartphone away or power it off.
Note: if you don't want to link the playlist to a character on Jooki just press "No thanks." in the screen that asks you about linking.
Playing a Spotify Playlist with Jooki Characters
Once a Spotify playlist has been linked to a Jooki character: just pop that character on top of Jooki and it will start playing. Fun and easy for the kiddos - and let's admit it for grownups too ;).